[nesfa-reading-group] Suggestion for future reading: Katherine Dunn's "Geek Love"

Wes Brodsky wesbrodsky at comcast.net
Sun Jul 10 12:32:59 EDT 2016

The note I sent out to NESFA-open reference the following link (whole this
time, I hope):

https://theconversation.com/freaks-geeks-norms-and-mores-why-people-use-the-
status-quo-as-a-moral-compass-59046

That article reference the book "Geek Love" [
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13872.Geek_Love ]
"The Binewskis are no ordinary family. Arty has flippers instead of limbs;
Iphy and Elly are Siamese twins; Chick has telekinetic powers. These
traveling circus performers see their differences as talents, but others
consider them freaks with "no values or morals."
Whilst this might not have been classified as "Science Fiction"; the fact
that a character has telekinetic powers would qualify it as such, I think.

Wes