[nesfa-reading-group] My choices for November or December book

Wesley Brodsky wesbrodsky at alum.mit.edu
Wed Aug 17 14:43:26 EDT 2022

I searched “ Carter and Lovecraft” and the only reference to a book by Burroughs I found was “The Place of Dead Roads” is a 1983 novel by William S. Burroughs, the second book of the trilogy that begins with Cities of the Red Night (1981) and concludes with The Western Lands (1987). It chronicles the story of a gay gunfighter in the American West, beginning with the gunfighter's death in 1899, incorporates contrasting themes and time travel episodes, and makes use of Burroughs’ extensive knowledge of firearms. Non-linear in construction, it makes use of vivid imagery and repetition but does not employ the famous “cut-up” method of literary collage used in his earlier novels.

I did not read that book,  but it seems it might have more of a plot that “The Ticket That Exploded”

- Wes