[nesfa-reading-group] my 3 book suggestions for the Reading Group

R. Luoma malkin8244 at pobox.com
Wed Feb 2 18:46:04 EST 2022

Rosewater                     by Tade Thompson
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38362809-rosewater
Rosewater is a town on the edge. A community formed around
the edges of a mysterious alien biodome,
its residents comprise the hopeful, the hungry and
the helpless-people eager for a glimpse inside the dome
or a taste of its rumored healing powers.

Folklorn                      by Angela Mi Young Hur
https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/54864318-folklorn
A continents-spanning saga of Korean myth, scientific discovery,
and the abiding love that binds even the most broken of families.

The island of missing trees   by Elif Shafak
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/56587382-the-island-of-missing-trees
The book is partially narrated by a fig tree.  I have seen this book
placed in the magical realism category, so I am selecting it as
one of my suggestions on that basis.