[nesfa-reading-group] Quick report from the July 1, 2022 NESFA Reading Group meeting

David G. Grubbs dggrubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 20:33:37 EDT 2022

Six of us showed up at this meeting, the smallest turnout in my memory.  I
have to guess the low attendance was due to the holiday weekend.

Pablo, from our Meetup group, who is not on this mailing list, sent a
review to the Meetup that reached my mailbox.

The average score, of those who gave a score, was 8.0 out of 13, with a
very flat curve: two high, two medium, two low.  This is unlike many of
the books we discuss, which show a U curve revealing a split among those
who really like a book and those who really disliked the same book.

This book was, on average, deemed full of interesting ideas and full of
lots of book titles, facts about SF, and concepts worth looking up.

Next month we hope to see a larger turnout for a discussion of:

*An Absolutely Remarkable Thing* by Hank Green