[nesfa-reading-group] Some info after tonight's Reading group meeting

David G. Grubbs dggrubbs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 21:26:26 EDT 2023

A dozen of us showed up to discuss this month's book: *The Employees* by
Olga Ravn

Rating:

   - Sum/#Entries: 63/12
   - Mean: 5.25
   - Sample Std.Dev: 3.96 / Variance: 15.66
   - Population  Std.Dev: 3.79 / Variance: 14.35

The next meeting is on November 3rd, when we will discuss *Babel: An Arcane
History* by R. F. Kuang.

Also, attendees of the November Reading Group discussion will choose books
for our January, February, and March discussions. Three group members
(selected this month) will each choose and offer three books for the group
to vote on. One book from each of those selected members will be read in a
later month.

   - In January, we will read a book chosen and offered by: Wes Brodsky
   - In February, we will read a book chosen and offered by: Richard
   Schwartz
   - In March, we will read a book chosen and offered by: Glora Lucia Albasi

At the December 1st meeting, we will discuss *Sourdough* by Robin Sloan

See you all on November 3rd for a book discussion and three votes.