[nesfa-reading-group] Sci fi and fantasy online course starting soon!!

Tracy Marks tracy at windweaver.com
Tue Jan 30 17:31:46 EST 2024

Hey folks!
I need one more person for my online zoom course on short stories and
novelettes by Nebula and Hugo award-Winning female sci fi and Fantasy
writers.  It starts Wednesday evening February 7, and lasts 5 weeks.
https://lexingtoncommunityed.org/class/women-of-science-fiction-and-fantasy-award-winning-stories/

I'll be providing 20-25 of the stories in pdf form  to all students.
Some of these stories are exceptional - we should have some great
discussions. So far three students are registered and another one says
he will register. But I need one more.

We'll spend a session on Ursula Le Guin stories and a session on Octavia
Butler stories. In the other three sessions, we'll covering 12+ stories
by other writers - including Sarah Pinsker, Amal El-Mohtar, C.J.
Cherryh, N.K. Jemisin, Kelly Link, Mary Robinette Kowal and more.

Tracy Marks
p.s. By the way, I've been teaching literature courses to adults for
over 40 years. I have an M.A. in the teaching of secondary school
English from Tufts, and taught 12th grade English many many years ago
(including a sci fi and fantasy course, during which I corresponded with
Ursula K. Le Guin!) But I've been teaching through community and
continuing ed since the 1980s.