[press-announce] New NESFA Press Books

Anthony Lewis pussywillows at comcast.net
Tue Jun 26 23:14:25 EDT 2007

In the first half of 2007 we've published three new books.

THE INVOLUNTARY HUMAN by David Gerrold. This is the Boskone 44 book where
David was Guest of Honor. It's a collection of some of the best of David
Gerrold's writing from the last two decades, included an unproduced Star
Trek script "Blood and Fire," an excerpt from the planned sixth book of the
Chtorr series, the triple-award-winning story "The Martian Child," a
corrected and edited version of Chess With a Dragon, and many more hidden
treasures. In addition to the stories, there are two essays that will make
you take a new look at King Kong, an introduction by Spider Robinson and
David Gerrold's response.

The cover is by Gary Lippincott-Boskone 44 Official Artist. Dust jacket
design by Alice N.S. Lewis. Edited by David G. Grubbs

Both the trade ($27) and boxed states ($45) are available-all copies are
signed by David Gerrold. For more details and to purchase on-line see:
http://www.nesfa.org/press/Books/Gerrold.html

-------------------------------

THE MATHEMATICS OF MAGIC: THE ENCHANTER STORIES OF L. SPAGUE de CAMP AND
FLETCHER PRATT. This is the second of our collections of the works of L.
Sprague de Camp. Harold Shea is a psychologist who dreams of adventure, but
never gets beyond learning to fence and occasionally showing up at staff
meetings dressed in horseback riding garb. When he learns that his boss, Dr.
Reed Chalmers, has developed a theory that allows a person to transport
himself to any world he can imagine, Harold decides to give it a whirl.

He sets out for the lands of legends but his first trip lands him in the
world of Norse mythology--just before Ragnarok. Later trips take him to
Spenser's The Faerie Queen, Irisih mythology, the Kalevala, Barssom, and Oz
among others.

Besides collecting all of De Camp and Pratt's Enchanter stories together for
the first time, THE MATHEMATICS OF MAGIC includes an appreciation by
Christopher Stasheff and an article by Jerry Pournelle--"Arming the
Incomplete Enchanter."

The cover is by Marc Fishman; dust jacket design by Alice N. S. Lewis.
Edited by Mark L. Olson.

The book is available for $26. For more details and to purchase on-line see:
http://www.nesfa.org/press/Books/deCamp-2.html

-------------------------------

BORDERS OF INFINITY by Lois McMaster Bujold. NESFA presents the first
generally available hard cover edition of this book. It contains three
novellas: the award-winning "The Mountains of Mourning" wherein Miles
receives his first independent assignment from his father; "Labyrinth"--here
Miles meets the genetically enigneered Taura on a mission to Jackson's
Whole. Finally in "Borders of Infinity" Miles has to infiltrate a Cetagandan
prisoner-of-war camp to rescue the inmates. These novellas show us three
more aspects of Miles' character.

The cover is by David Deen; dust jacket design by Alice N. S. Lewis. Edited
by Suford Lewis.

The book is available for $25. For more details and to purchase on-line see:
http://www.nesfa.org/press/Books/Bujold-6.html

-------------------------------

Please visit the NESFA Press Online Store. http://www.nesfa.org/press/

Or fill out our order form and mail or FAX it to us. (Please email us if
there are NESFA Press items that are not yet available via our Online
Store.)

You may pay for your purchases by check, Mastercard, or Visa. Please add $4
for a single book ($8 for 2-5 books; $2 per book for six and more) for
Domestic shipping. For Shipping to non-US addresses, please add $10 per book
for airmail. Massachusetts residents please add 5% sales tax. Write or email
us for our complete catalog.

Orders typically take 2-5 weeks to arrive.

Note: Due to US Postal Service changes, we must discontinue the
International surface shipping.

Write to:
    NESFA
    PO Box 809