[nesfa-reading-group] Jack of Shadows

Rebecca DeVendra rebecca.devendra at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 08:43:44 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I won't make it tonight either, it turns out. I'll be home very late due to
my son's school activities (he started Kindergarten last month).

I did read Jack of Shadows. I think Wes' assessment is accurate. I'd only
add that the plot seemed lazy to me...lots of things happen, and things are
solved employing the deus ex machina. I liked Zelazny 's other book we read
about Jack (Night in the Lonesome October.) That was brilliant, so Jack of
Shadows was a bit of a letdown for me overall.

Kowal's "For Want of a Nail" was very good. I'll talk to all of you about
it in November! :)

--

Becky DeVendra

rebeccadevendra.com