[nesfa-reading-group] Tonight's Reading Group test

david at challengerconsulting.com david at challengerconsulting.com
Sat Apr 11 10:39:23 EDT 2020

Just want to say thank you to Louis for hosting us last night and orienting us all to a new video conference resource.AndThank you to everyone who was on. It was a fun evening and an enjoyable discussion. I am now scrambling to figure out what platform to read Light Brigade. I can't stomach another open source OCR copy of a book.(the other) DavidSent from my Sprint Phone.------ Original message------From: BoogalouisDate: Sat, Apr 11, 2020 9:12 AMTo: NESFA Reading Group;Cc: Subject:Re: [nesfa-reading-group] Tonight's Reading Group testChip, I was the last to log off last night. After everyone else had left, and just before I did, you appeared in full glorious video for about 2 seconds. I don’t know if you had logged back on after after you left/were dropped, or if it was some kind of lag.
LouisThe bastard child of absurdity and the sublime.Sent from my MBP, Lepha

On Apr 10, 2020, at 8:30 PM, Chip Hitchcock <cjhi at newcastle2.com> wrote:wrt my missing video:It's possible my laptop just isn't up to this; the performance meter was pegged (CPU, not memory) every time I checked. This system is at least six years old, and is not telling me the CPU clock speed.Firefox Help says "Why is there an OpenH264 plugin in Firefox?Firefox comes with the OpenH264 add-on to support WebRTC or video communication." This suggests to me that the video plugin came along with the Firefox installation. Search tells me there are a lot of files named *h264*, most of them applications; none seem to be in a location belonging to Firefox, but I have no idea whether this browser has a home directory or just deposits itself all over c:\.Any further thoughts would be welcome, as we have 3 weeks before I might want this to work (IFF DaveG doesn't get access to the MIT Zoom license)./CHip