[nesfa-reading-group] Ubik

John Donovan jdonov1975 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 18:29:25 EST 2020

I will keep this short and sweet.  I had a hard time trying to finish this
book.  The first reason is I am not a fan of time travel.  Time travel for
me tends to lead to plot holes which can cause me to quickly lose
interest.  The second reason is this felt dated.  I know this was written
in the 60s but for some reason whenever vidphones were brought up all I
could think of was the cartoon The Jetsons.  One thing I would say Philip
Dick does well is write dystopian future.  I have never read his other
novels but I have seen the movies over the years.  Ubik seemed much darker
than those and I can appreciate that.