[nesfa-reading-group] June '20 NESFA Reading Group Report

Boogalouis boogalouis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 14:33:58 EDT 2020

The NESFA reading group met (by Zoom) June 5th to discuss Cats Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

In addition to the 6 usual suspects in attendance, we also had a first-timer. Out of 5 stars, the average rating was 3⅔ stars. The highest rating was 4, and the lowest was 3.

Our next discussion will be Hammer on Bone by Cassandra Khaw on July 3rd.

We’ve chosen the next five reading discussion books. Typically we choose four books, but due to a tie for 4th place, we’ve chosen five.

Outside of A Memory Called Empire, which was set for August because of the Hugos, the order in which the books will be discussed was randomized.

August, 7th - A Memory Called Empire - Arkady Martine
September, 4th - The Dark Side of the Sun - Terry Pratchett
October, 2nd - Ancestral Night - Elizabeth Bear
November, 6th - Scented Gardens for the Blind - Janet Frame
December, 4th - The Memory Police - Yoko Ogawa

Breakdown of the vote .

Louis

The bastard child of absurdity and the sublime.

Sent from my MBP, Lepha