[nesfa-reading-group] Book suggestion

David G. Grubbs dggrubbs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 08:09:13 EST 2020

Year # [Short] Long Description
==== - [NRG-Read] Was chosen by the NESFA Reading Group
201412 Williams,Walter Jon    1995 Metropolitan
2015 1 Stross,Charles         2013 Neptune's Brood
     2 !(********)               0 Boskone 52
     3 Leckie,Ann             2013 Ancillary Justice
     4 Pratchett,Terry        2013 Raising Steam
     5 Bujold,Lois McMaster   1991 Barrayar
     6 Scalzi,John            2005 Old Man's War
     7 Bear,Elizabeth^Lynch,S 2014 Karen Memory
     8 !(********)               0 Worldcon 73 / Spokane, WA [Sasquan]
     9 Stephenson,Neal        2015 Seveneves
    10 Weir,Andy              2011 The Martian
    11 Nix,Garth              2003 Mister Monday
    12 Martinez,A. Lee        2012 Emperor Mollusk Versus the Sinister Brain
2016 1 Scalzi,John            2005 Agent to the Stars
     2 !(********)               0 Boskone 53
     3 Chu,Wesley             2015 Time Salvager
     4 Valente,Catherynne M.  2015 Radiance
     5 Stross,Charles         2004 The Atrocity Archives
     6 Silverberg,Robert      1969 Up the Line
     7 Novik,Naomi            2015 Uprooted
     8 !(********)               0 Worldcon 74 / Kansas City, MO
[MidAmeriCon II]
     9 Asimov,Isaac           1950 I, Robot
     9 Ellison,Harlan+Asimov, 1994 I, Robot: The Illustrated Screenplay
    10 Zelazny,Roger          1993 A Night in the Lonesome October
    11 Baxter,Stephen+Reynold 2016 The Medusa Chronicles
    12 Addison,Katherine^Mone 2014 The Goblin Emperor
2017 1 Heinlein,Robert A.     1957 Citizen of the Galaxy
     2 !(********)               0 Boskone 54
     3 Scalzi,John            2012 Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas
     4 Norton,Andre           1960 Storm Over Warlock
     4 Norton,Andre           1958 The Time Traders
     5 Steele,Allen           2016 Arkwright
     6 Liu,Cixin              2006 The Three-Body Problem
     7 Kowal,Mary Robinette   2016 Ghost Talkers
     8 !(********)               0 Worldcon 75 / Helsinki, FI
     9 Clarke,Susanna         2004 Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell
    10 Kowal,Mary Robinette   2010 For Want of a Nail
    10 Zelazny,Roger          1971 Jack of Shadows
    11 Naam,Ramez             2013 Nexus
    12 Gaiman,Neil            2017 Norse Mythology
2018 1 Clarke,Arthur C.       1973 Rendezvous With Rama
     2 Brust,Steven+White,Sky 2013 The Incrementalists
     3 Ellsworth,Spencer      2017 Starfire: A Red Peace
     3 L'Engle,Madeleine      1962 A Wrinkle in Time
     4 Taylor,Dennis          2016 We Are Legion (We Are Bob)
     5 Stapledon,Olaf         1930 Last and First Men
     6 Crichton,Michael       1990 Jurassic Park
     7 Le Guin,Ursula K.      1969 The Left Hand of Darkness
     8 Scalzi,John            2018 Head On
     9 Morgan,Richard K.      2002 Altered Carbon
    10 Pohl,Frederik          1977 Gateway
    11 Shelley,Mary Wollstone 1818 Frankenstein, or the Modern Prometheus
    12 Asimov,Isaac           1951 Foundation
2019 1 Vinge,Vernor           1992 A Fire Upon the Deep
     2 Mastai,Elan            2017 All Our Wrong Todays
     3 Kowal,Mary Robinette   2018 The Calculating Stars
     4 Goss,Theodora          2017 The Strange Case of the Alchemist's
Daughter
     5 Priest,Cherie          2009 Boneshaker
     6 de Bodard,Aliette      2010 Servant of the Underworld
     7 Bacigalupi,Paolo       2009 The Windup Girl
     8 Leiber,Fritz           1943 Conjure Wife
     9 Gladstone,Max          2019 Empress of Forever
    10 Robinson,Kim Stanley   2018 Red Moon
    11 Banks,Iain M.          1988 The Player of Games
    12 Cherryh,C. J.          1982 The Pride of Chanur
2020 1 Dick,Philip K.         1969 Ubik
     2 Chakraborty,S. A.      2017 The City of Brass
     3 Heinlein,Robert A.     1956 Double Star
     4 !(********)               0 Meeting Canceled due to Corona virus
     5 Hurley,Kameron         2019 The Light Brigade
     6 Vonnegut Jr.,Kurt      1963 Cat's Cradle
     7 Khaw,Cassandra         2016 Hammers on Bone
     8 Martine,Arkady         2019 A Memory Called Empire
     9 Pratchett,Terry        1976 The Dark Side of the Sun
    10 Bear,Elizabeth^Lynch,S 2019 Ancestral Night
    11 Frame,Janet            1963 Scented Gardens for the Blind
    12 Ogawa,Yoko             1994 The Memory Police
[76] Authors, [77] Works selected.