[nesfa-reading-group] Selected Reading Group Books for May, June, July & August, 2021

Louis Galvez III nesfalou at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 08:15:44 EST 2021

Hey,

A note on the below weighted votes.

In general, people assume that whatever receives the highest total is the winner. But if I had simply added up all the votes as I received them (1 for most preferred and 12 for least preferred), the Doris Lessing book would have shown up with the lowest number. To avoid having the book with the lowest total declared the winner, I weighted the results. If you gave a book a ranking of 1 (that you would most like to read and discuss it), it’s reflected in the below screenshot as a 12. A 2 shows up as an 11. After that, it’s turtles all the way down. That way, after the new weighted votes were added up, the book with the highest total would be declared the winner.

NESFA Lou
El Jefe
NESFA Reading Group
NESFA Writes!

M (617) 605-6346
E nesfalou at gmail.com
nesfa.org
boskone.org
NESFA, the New England Science Fiction Association, is a non-profit group (and a 501(c)(3) corporation) interested in supporting all things related to science fiction and fantasy.