[nesfa-reading-group] Jack of Shadows

M M shakespearsshade at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 17:16:51 EDT 2017

I also will not be able to make it tonight, due to illness. Hope to see you all next time. I'd be happy to discuss the books & story at that time.

Best regards,
Mike S.

    On Friday, October 6, 2017 10:44 AM, Chip Hitchcock <cjhi at newcastle2.com> wrote:

 I'm quite sure they aren't the same; Jack is a common name for a trickster (cf the youth/knave/knight/not-tied-down-man playing card becoming the Jack). In ...October we meet the man who was (inter alia) Jack the Ripper; the Jack of Shadows is a prankster (in a half-tech world) who does as he pleases, not someone carrying a burden.

/CHip