[nesfa-reading-group] “The King of Elfland’s Daughter”: Reading Group on 2/2/2024

David G. Grubbs dggrubbs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 21:05:54 EST 2024

Yes, as we discussed at the last meeting, three of us will each offer three
books to be voted on for the next three months:

   - Liz Patton will offer three for April
   - Shelly Thomas will offer three for May
   - I (David G. Grubbs) will offer three for June

I'm hoping to be able to Zoom by June. I will be operated on at 5:15AM on
March 13, with an order not to sit in the front seat of a car for six weeks
after that. I have no idea what kind of shape I'll be in. I'm planning to
read the June book (that I suggest and you vote on at our next meeting) in
the next few weeks.

When I talked to him a few weeks ago, Louis implied that he would be there.
It is not auspicious that the front-page "News" section of the NESFA
website still announces that we will next be meeting on December 8th to
talk about *Sourdough*.

If Louis is not available, I can start the NESFA Zoom server or offer my
own Zoom server again. That will work for February and March. For April,
likely for May, and possibly for June, I will talk to the President of
NESFA about finding a backup to run the Reading Group.

2024-02-02 (or 2/2/24, or Feb 2, 2024) is our meeting date. It is Groundhog
Day. In a leap year.  I found 2/2/22 or 2/2/2 (2002-02-02) more interesting
patterns of numbers.