[nesfa-reading-group] “The King of Elfland’s Daughter”: Reading Group on 2/2/2024

David G. Grubbs dggrubbs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 02:50:48 EST 2024

I'd like to choose more than three months of voting this Friday, maybe up
to six.

There are 37 people on this mailing list. I don't keep attendance, but I
can't remember the last time 24 of them showed up at a discussion.

Also, I've only kept track of who suggested each book for the past three
years. Only 15 separate people have suggested the 36 books we've read in
three years, one of whom no longer attends and two others are in the gray
area where I'm not sure.

Liz Patton, Shelly Thomas, and I are planning to offer three books to be
voted on next Friday.

If anyone who has not attended in a while wants to bring three book
suggestions to next Friday's meeting, send me an email and plan to show up
on Friday. It would be good if you would plan to show up at least to
discuss your suggested book.

If we don't hear from enough of the "rarely attending" group, then these
regular suggesters are next up to bat. Please pick three books you'd offer
if we need them. If your suggestions are not needed this week, you'll have
them ready for the next batch.

   - Alek Slominski
   - Louis Galvez
   - Chip Hitchcock