[nesfa-reading-group] Book picks for June, July

M M shakespearsshade at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 19 11:56:28 EDT 2017

Hi fellow 'bookies',
it's that time again, when we look for new book selections to read & discuss. So, be sure to pass on your suggestions for the group via email soon as you can. If there are no suggestions by Wednesday, I'll put up a few of my own.

For your consideration, for September's choice, we could read Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. There is also an excellent BBC miniseries based on the book that we could watch at the clubhouse. It consists of 7 episodes, of about an hour's length each. One idea would be to watch the entire miniseries at a special media day held at the clubhouse. Another possibility is to break this up into two viewing sessions; either way, an open discussion group about the miniseries after viewing would be most welcome, if people are interested.

So, pass on your your book suggestions and we'll choose something to read.

Best wishes,
Michael S.