[nesfa-reading-group] Inaccurate list of NESFA reading group books.

David G. Grubbs dggrubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 00:03:14 EDT 2018

Here are two lists of what we actually read or discussed reading:  I didn't
try to compare this list with yours.

!(********) means that we skipped that month.
Dates are years published.
First column is years.
Second column is the month

==== - [NRG-Read] Was read and discussed by the NESFA Reading Group
201412 Williams,Walter Jon    1995 Metropolitan
2015 1 Stross,Charles         2013 Neptune's Brood
     2 !(********)               0 Boskone 52
     3 Leckie,Ann             2013 Ancillary Justice
     4 Pratchett,Terry        2013 Raising Steam
     5 Bujold,Lois McMaster   1991 Barrayar
     6 Scalzi,John            2005 Old Man's War
     7 Bear,Elizabeth         2014 Karen Memory
     8 !(********)               0 Worldcon 73 / Spokane, WA [Sasquan]
     9 Stephenson,Neal        2015 Seveneves
    10 Weir,Andy              2011 The Martian
    11 Nix,Garth              2003 Mister Monday
    12 Martinez,A. Lee        2012 Emperor Mollusk Versus the Sinister Brain
2016 1 Scalzi,John            2005 Agent to the Stars
     2 !(********)               0 Boskone 53
     3 Chu,Wesley             2015 Time Salvager
     4 Valente,Catherynne M.  2015 Radiance
     5 Stross,Charles         2004 The Atrocity Archives
     6 Silverberg,Robert      1969 Up the Line
     7 Novik,Naomi            2015 Uprooted
     8 !(********)               0 Worldcon 74 / Kansas City, MO
[MidAmeriCon II]
     9 Asimov,Isaac           1950 I, Robot
     9 Ellison,Harlan+Asimov,Isaac+Zug,Mark  1994 I, Robot: The Illustrated
Screenplay
    10 Zelazny,Roger          1993 A Night in the Lonesome October
    11 Baxter,Stephen+Reynolds,Alastair  2016 The Medusa Chronicles
    12 Addison,Katherine^Monette,Sarah  2014 The Goblin Emperor
2017 1 Heinlein,Robert A.     1957 Citizen of the Galaxy
     2 !(********)               0 Boskone 54
     3 Scalzi,John            2012 Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas
     4 Norton,Andre           1960 Storm Over Warlock
     4 Norton,Andre           1958 The Time Traders
     5 Steele,Allen           2016 Arkwright
     6 Liu,Cixin              2006 The Three-Body Problem
     7 Kowal,Mary Robinette   2016 Ghost Talkers
     8 !(********)               0 Worldcon 75 / Helsinki, FI
     9 Clarke,Susanna         2004 Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell
    10 Zelazny,Roger          1971 Jack of Shadows
    11 Naam,Ramez             2013 Nexus
    12 Gaiman,Neil            2017 Norse Mythology
2018 1 Clarke,Arthur C.       1973 Rendezvous With Rama
     2 Brust,Steven+White,Skyler  2013 The Incrementalists
     3 Ellsworth,Spencer      2017 Starfire: A Red Peace
     4 Taylor,Dennis          2016 We Are Legion (We Are Bob)
     5 Stapledon,Olaf         1930 Last and First Men
     6 Crichton,Michael       1990 Jurassic Park
     7 Le Guin,Ursula K.      1969 The Left Hand of Darkness
     8 Scalzi,John            2018 Head On
     9 Morgan,Richard K.      2002 Altered Carbon
    10 Pohl,Frederik          1977 Gateway

Year # [Short] Long Description
==== - [NRG-Idea] Was considered by the NESFA Reading Group
2014   Williams,Walter Jon    1995 Metropolitan
2015   Bear,Elizabeth         2014 Karen Memory
       Bujold,Lois McMaster   1991 Barrayar
       Gibson,William         1986 Count Zero
       Leckie,Ann             2013 Ancillary Justice
       Martinez,A. Lee        2012 Emperor Mollusk Versus the Sinister Brain
       Nix,Garth              2003 Mister Monday
       Pratchett,Terry        2013 Raising Steam
       Scalzi,John            2005 Old Man's War
       Stephenson,Neal        2015 Seveneves
       Stross,Charles         2013 Neptune's Brood
       Stross,Charles         2008 Saturn's Children
       Weir,Andy              2011 The Martian
2016   Addison,Katherine^Monette,Sarah  2014 The Goblin Emperor
       Asimov,Isaac           1950 I, Robot
       Baxter,Stephen+Reynolds,Alastair  2016 The Medusa Chronicles
       Bujold,Lois McMaster   1986 Shards of Honor
       Chu,Wesley             2015 Time Salvager
       Ellison,Harlan+Asimov,Isaac+Zug,Mark  1994 I, Robot: The Illustrated
Screenplay
       Gaiman,Neil            2015 Trigger Warning
       Leckie,Ann             2015 Ancillary Mercy
       Leckie,Ann             2014 Ancillary Sword
       Lee,Sharon+Miller,Steve  1988 Agent of Change
       Liu,Ken                2015 The Grace of Kings
       Novik,Naomi            2015 Uprooted
       Sanderson,Brandon      2006 Mistborn: The Final Empire
       Scalzi,John            2005 Agent to the Stars
       Silverberg,Robert      1969 Up the Line
       Stross,Charles         2004 The Atrocity Archives
       Valente,Catherynne M.  2015 Radiance
       Zelazny,Roger          1993 A Night in the Lonesome October
2017   Brust,Steven+White,Skyler  2013 The Incrementalists
       Clarke,Susanna         2004 Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell
       Davis,Milton J.        2015 From Here to Timbuktu
       Egan,Greg              2011 Clockwork Rocket
       Gaiman,Neil            2017 Norse Mythology
       Heinlein,Robert A.     1957 Citizen of the Galaxy
       Kowal,Mary Robinette   2016 Ghost Talkers
       Landers,Melissa        2016 Starflight
       Liu,Cixin              2006 The Three-Body Problem
       Naam,Ramez             2013 Nexus
       Norton,Andre           1960 Storm Over Warlock
       Norton,Andre           1958 The Time Traders
       Reynolds,Alastair      2012 Blue Remembered Earth
       Robinson,Kim Stanley   2012 2312
       Rothfuss,Patrick       2007 The Name of the Wind
       Scalzi,John            2012 Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas
       Steele,Allen           2016 Arkwright
       Williams,Walter Jon    2009 This Is Not a Game
       Zelazny,Roger          1971 Jack of Shadows
2018   Aldiss,Brian W.        1962 The Long Afternoon of Earth
       Anderson,Poul          1954 The Broken Sword
       Anderson,Poul          1974 A Knight of Ghosts and Shadows
       Anderson,Poul          1991 The Time Patrol
       Barnes,John            2010 Directive 51
       Bear,Elizabeth         2017 The Stone in the Skull
       Bester,Alfred          1951 The Demolished Man
       Bester,Alfred          1956 The Stars My Destination
       Bradbury,Ray           1953 Fahrenheit 451
       Brin,David             2002 Kiln People
       Brin,David             1983 Startide Rising
       Brodsky,Jordanna Max   2016 Winter of the Gods
       Brunner,John           1975 The Shockwave Rider
       Burgess,Anthony        1962 A Clockwork Orange
       Clarke,Arthur C.       1982 2010: Odyssey Two
       Cline,Earnest          2012 Ready Player One
       Cook,Glen              1987 Sweet Silver Blues
       Crichton,Michael       1990 Jurassic Park
       de Camp,L. Sprague     1939 Lest Darkness Fall
       de Camp,L. Sprague+Pratt,Fletcher  1989 The Complete Compleat
Enchanter
       Dick,Philip K.         1969 Ubik
       Dickson,Gordon R.      1976 The Dragon and the George
       Emrys,Ruthanna         2017 Winter Tide
       Fforde,Jasper          2005 The Big Over Easy
       Fforde,Jasper          2001 The Eyre Affair
       Gibson,William         2007 Spook Country
       Goldman,William        1973 The Princess Bride
       Hurley,Kameron         2017 The Stars Are Legion
       Le Guin,Ursula K.      1974 The Dispossessed
       Le Guin,Ursula K.      1969 The Left Hand of Darkness
       McCrumb,Sharyn         1988 Bimbos of the Death Sun
       McDonald,Ian           2017 Luna: Wolf Moon
       Moorcock,Michael       1972 An Alien Heat
       Moorcock,Michael       1969 Behold the Man
       Moorcock,Michael       1976 Elric of Melnibon\'e
       Moorcock,Michael       1981 The War Hound and the World's Pain
       Morgan,Richard K.      2002 Altered Carbon
       Niven,Larry            1973 Protector
       Niven,Larry+Barnes,Steven  1981 Dream Park
       Pohl,Frederik          1977 Gateway
       Pohl,Frederik+Kornbluth,C. M.  1952 The Space Merchants
       Powers,Tim             1983 The Anubis Gates
       Powers,Tim             1992 Last Call
       Powers,Tim             1987 On Stranger Tides
       Reynolds,Alastair      2000 Revelation Space
       Scalzi,John            2018 Head On
       Silverberg,Robert      1972 Dying Inside
       Silverberg,Robert      1980 Lord Valentine's Castle
       Silverberg,Robert      1985 Sailing to Byzantium
       Vance,Jack             1950 The Dying Earth
       Vance,Jack             1966 The Last Castle
       Vance,Jack             1983 Lyonesse: Suldrun's Garden
       Vance,Jack             1973 Trullion: Alastor 2262
       VanderMeer,Jeff        2014 Annihilation
       VanderMeer,Jeff        2017 Borne
       Varley,John            2012 Slow Apocalypse
       Williams,Walter Jon    2017 Quillifer
       Wolfe,Gene             1980 The Shadow of the Torturer