[nesfa-reading-group] Book choices for October 2017

David G. Grubbs dggrubbs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 17:25:06 EDT 2017

I've read *Jack of Shadows* at least three times. It is also short, so it
is no hardship to read it again and discuss it.

But I object to the process.

    "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the
nominating." -- William M. ("Boss") Tweed

The "final" list presented by Sharrow the Unsubtle contains an unfunny
repetition of an obvious joke, a book that it is not real fiction (or what
we think of as part of the SF/Fantasy genre) , and, as the highlighted
major feature, his personal choice (as stated in an earlier email).

This is not the way such choices should be made.

For further choices, I suggest we spend a few minutes every other session
listing, describing and voting on choices to read for future sessions.