[nesfa-reading-group] What do we think of hybrid online/in-person reading group meetings

Boogalouis boogalouis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 21:18:05 EDT 2020

Once we’re more concerned about reading Ovid than avoiding Covid, what do we think about a making the reading group meetings a hybrid of people in the clubhouse and people joining by Zoom. Those of us who want to meet in the clubhouse would enjoy the pizza.

Would we be able to use the display screen to broadcast a Zoom meeting? How would we broadcast the person speaking in the clubhouse so the people on Zoom could see and hear them? How can we avoid creating feedback?

We’d want to limit the number of people who could join via Zoom. Not that there are hoards of people banging down the door to get in, but if we make this available to the interwebs, we may get more takers.

Let me know if this idea is worth thinking about or trying.

Louis

The bastard child of absurdity and the sublime.

Sent from my MBP, Lepha